Freeman French Freeman has been a long-term partner for CityPlace, a proposed mixed-use development in downtown Burlington, Vermont. The technical challenge of redeveloping an entire city block, an exceptionally high level of citizen engagement in the development process, and the economic impact of a global pandemic have resulted in multiple changes to the design of this high-profile, urban infill project.
At each stage of the process, the design team has met these challenges head-on. The result is a right-sized and redesigned project that delivers great benefits to the City of Burlington and its residents. Key benefits include:
– Over 420 new apartments, with one in five units reserved as permanently affordable.
– Over 40,000 square feet of ground-level retail space for shops and services.
– Covered parking for 422 cars and 350 bikes.
– A reconnected city grid with new streets and wider sidewalks to enhance urban living.
– A LEED Gold building featuring renewable energy, advanced stormwater management, and environmentally friendly building materials.
CityPlace Burlington will truly be a place to live, work, eat, shop, and play in a connected and thriving downtown core. Pending approval of final permits, construction could begin as early as this fall. Learn more at cityplaceburlington.com.